1. Thank you to the Internet for thinking of great ideas for me so I don't have to! Ideas like our first ever Back to School Feast we held in the backyard on Tuesday night. While I'm sure my paper chains and hand cut crowns do not hold a candle to those of the many other crafty mom bloggers, we had fun, and that's really all that matters. ;)
2. Tomorrow marks two really important things...first the Badger Football home opener!! We have season tickets and I cannot WAIT. Football season is my favorite! However, we are actually missing tomorrow's game for something even more important...the baby turns ONE?!?! I'm not entirely how this is possible since he was only born about a month ago!
3. I'm all over the internet this weekend...and thankfully not in a "embarrassing celebrity slip" kind of way. ;) Today I have projects up on the Gossamer Blue Blog and the October Afternoon Blog. Tomorrow I have two projects up as part of the Fancy Pants Social Media Team! I will share these layouts here in the next few days, but in case you just can't wait...click the links above. ;)
4. In the short time since my last Five for Friday post, I've actually read another book: Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline. I've officially read more in the past couple of months than I did the last two years combine. No lie. So yeah...I dont know if I have really high standards, but this is another book I just didn't love. I think the premis of the book is a good one, but I feel it could have been told better. Her writing style wasnt my favorite, and I felt like the story was predictable and rushed in places. I'm still waiting for a book to WOW me. Any suggestions??
5. Last week we made "Cloud Dough" (thanks again, Internet, old buddy, old pal!). It's the world's most simple recipe: 8 cups of flour + 1 cup of baby oil. That's it. My kids loved it. Of course, it ended up all over the concrete patio, so make sure if you try this at home you do it outside!!! ;)