Every year around January 1, everyone does and posts about all the changes they'd like to make during the next 365 days. Because I'm just a giant follower, I'd like to do the same! ;) But first - a look back at last year's goals:
1. CLEAN. Not like, clean all the time - just be cleaner. It was kind of a joke...because I'm sort of a slob, but honestly, I can say that with the exception of a few bad weeks throughout the year, Justin and I did a MUCH better job of keeping our house in order than we had in the past!!!
2. Drink less soda. I finally got around to this one in November and December. Up until then I was on this ridiculous kick when I was drinking almost a soda a day. Up until I fell off the wagon due to Christmas festivities, I was down to maybe one a week. I plan on hopping right back on that wagon...now.
3. Read at least 6 books for myself. Accomplished! Now, I must embarrassingly admit that three of them I read were the Christian Grey books...a few hours of my life I can never get back, remember that line about being a follower?!. ;) I also read: The first two Hunger Games books, The Fault in Our Stars, House Rules, and Out of My Mind. Kind of a meager list, but at least I made it to 6.
4. Spend at least 15 minutes a day in my scraproom. Epic Fail. BUT, I have had probably the best year I've ever had when it comes to the scrapbooking industry, so I can't complain.
5. Be the best wife and mother I can be. Well, of course there is always room for improvement... ;)
SO...on to this week's...
I am not picking a word this year. I really never do - last year was kind of done in jest. But I DO have a lot of goals - things I've started the past year that I want to continue through the new year, along with a couple brand new ideas.
1. CAPTURE: Anyone who knows me, knows that I take a ridiculous amount of photos, but this year I want to do a few MORE things. First, I want to be sure to take at least one family photo a month. This will be much easier now that I have a super cool remote for my camera. I am also giving myself another 365 challenge. I did Project 365 in 2010, and I'd like to do it again. But this time, I have a few rules for myself. First, iPhone pictures only...just to keep it simple. Two, no photos of my kids, well at least not many. I take enough photos of them. Instead I want to look around at life and really see it...to capture the details. I am going to tag my photos on Instagram #justemeverday2013. I'd love for you to follow along!
2. IMPROVE: This is like the cliche "get fit" goal that people joke about. And, honestly, I don't know that I need to get FIT. I'm clearly not going weigh 120 pounds and be running a marathon by the end of this year. But, I do need to STOP BEING LAZY. I also need to eat healthier. And continue keeping my soda in check. Maybe meal-planning needs to make a comeback. And there are even things like - wash my face every night and don't forget to take my vitamins!!!
3. ORGANIZE: This is an off-shoot of my "clean" word last year! ;) Keep up on the laundry. Sweep and put the dishes in the dishwasher every night. Even when I'm so tired or so crabby or so don't want to do it. Make the bed. Have a house that is clean enough that you could stop by and I wouldn't be embarrassed.
4. ENJOY: We are pretty great as a family at getting out there and enjoying life. We are constantly going places, seeing things, doing fun stuff. So, I want to keep that up. Our traveling and adventuring. ;) I also want to encourage myself to enjoy somethings - maybe read ten books this year, blog more, continue finding time to scrap, finally finish Project Life?!
5. LOVE: This is the same as last year, and it will be the same every year - Be the best wife and mother I can be. Always.
Happy New Year. :)