I have one final Gossamer Blue layout to share before the new kit goes live. I've been keeping this one under wraps until a certain special blog post appeared yesterday! ;) First, the layout...then then some news about an awesome opportunity!
This was a triple dip in terms of assignments. It was made with the January GB kit, featuring mostly My Mind's Eye products, and also for the January gallery at write.click.scrapbook, where the theme was "Note to Self"...hence the insane amount of journaling! What can I say...there was a lot I wanted to write to my former self! Anyway, because of the journaling, it's not a typical "em" layout, but the words make it a pretty special one. ;) Anyway...on to the exciting news! My Mind's Eye and Gossamer Blue are teaming up for a guest designer contest!
I think I've mentioned it, but I hate the end of the month! First, there is a lull in productivity, as most of my layouts are due around this time. Second, I always end up with a ton of layouts finished that I love, but can't share for a few more days! ;) So, to make me feel better about it all...here are some sneaks of a few things I've made recently. All but the first use the upcoming Gossamer Blue kit...can't wait for this month's reveal!
and this last one is for write.click.scrapbook. :)
Happy *almost* Friday!! :)
I had a mix and match layout up on the Pebbles blog this week. I don't do "manly" layouts very often, so it was a bit of a challenge for me to scrap these photos of my dad and my brother without adding some chipboard flowers or some cutesy stickers! ;) But, I like how simple it is and how it turned out...though, most of all I like those two guys in the pictures!!!
One of my goals this year is to read more books for myself. I used to read probably 20-30 books a year...but after having kids that tapered off...if not stopped completely!! Last year I challenged myself to read six books for myself (vs. parenting books or teaching books)...this year I'm stepping it up to 10. :) Barb is my resident book expert, so some of my suggestions come from her! I love that I can (and I recently did) text her and say "What should I read?" and she answers me within a minute with a perfect choice! Here are four books that I think I might want to read... ;)
1. The Art of Fielding. This is actually the book I was referring to above... ;) Barb was right on. In the first page it talked about a main character named Henry, the "mitt of Wisconsin" and Chicago. PERFECTION. I'm about a quarter of the way through it now and I'm really enjoying it, thus far!
2. The Lover's Dictionary. I know about ten people who have read this, and they all seem to love it! Plus, the cover is pretty cool...and since I quite often choose my books based on their cover, this one is sure to be a success! ;)
3. The Great Gatsby. I read this in high school just like everybody else, but with the new movie coming out, I think it might be time for a reread! I remember liking it all those years ago...it would be interesting to see how my perspective on the whole thing has changed now that I am older and more of an adult!
4. Let the Great World Spin. I bought this book at a school book fair YEARS ago. I've started reading it a few times, but I've never gotten beyond the first few pages. I'm terrible about starting books and never finishing them! I want to finally finish this one!
5. The Perks of Being a Wallflower. This is another "that movie looks good, so I should read the book" selection. I should probably be more embarrassed of that fact than I actually am. ;) But really, the movie looks good...so I'll check out the book!
Good Morning! I have another Gossamer Blue layout to share today! If you would have asked me a year ago my opinion of gold, I'd probably turn up my nose and make a face. But, like every good trend follower, I've decided that gold is actually pretty awesome!! I was SO excited when I opened the January Color Kit (now sold out) and saw all the gold goodness! I used a lot of the products, as well as some from the other add-ons in this layout. These photos of my daughter (with her crazy style) put a smile on my face every time I see them!
Happy Wednesday!! :)
Good Tuesday morning! I survived my first day back to work yesterday, hooray! Today's Ventage topic is one I'm very excited about! Barb suggested we write about soup. And I LOVE soup! ;) In fact, I have an entire Pinterest board devoted to soup!! Here are five I'd love to try:
1. Summer Corn, Bacon, and Potato Chowder. I'd take out the bacon.
2. Yellow Lentil Soup with Cilantro Chutney. Mmmm. And it's yellow, my favorite color!
3. Roasted Tomato & Rosemary Soup with Kale & Potatoes. I picked this one because it has Katrina's favorite food in it.
4. Tuscan Bean Soup. I love me some beans...
5. Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup. Tortellini in soup? Perfection!
I can't believe the weekend is almost over. And even more devastating?? My winter break is officially over...sob, sob!! Back to work tomorrow. I'd lie if I said I was in any way excited. ;) I have a fun little Gossamer Blue layout to share with you tonight. It uses a lot from the Studio Calico Darling Dear line. I have to admit, when I first saw this line I wasn't in love with it...but I found it really fun and easy to work with! This is my guy back in November when we made some cupcakes. He was loving it! It was a super quick and simple layout to put together, and the final result puts a smile on my face! ;)
Happy Friday! :) I'm super excited to tell you about a fun new partnership between Gossamer Blue and the super sweet and talented Davinie Fiero. The basic idea behind Project 12 is to create one 2-page layout every month. It's kind of like Project Life for those who can't actually commit to Project Life! ;) I will admit...I am a Project Life flunky. I am still in May of last year. And while I'm determined to finish that year sometime before 2015, I think Project 12 will be perfect for me this year!! In fact, I'm contemplating going back and doing a spread for 2012, too...just in case I don't get that PL done like I intend! ;)
I used the Becky Higgins Project Life plastics, and I like the flexibility of using my divided page protectors and including inserts as needed each month. Here is my spread for December, using a mishmash of the current Gossamer Blue kits. The only thing I don't like about it all is the 12.12 card - I'm still learning how to use my Cameo and this isn't nearly as cool as it should be, ha! ;) The rest...makes me very happy!
(It was so gray outside yesterday that I had to take my pages outside and photograph them. Thank goodness we don't have snow, though it was abou 15 degrees and I was wearing pajama pants...I'm sure the neighbors thought I was nuts!)
Will YOU be joining me in Project 12 this year?? If so, check out the post all about it over at Gossamer Blue. There's a chance to win every month! :) Have a great weekend!!