This week's Ventage Tuesday is brought to by ME and my love of Christmas music. ;) I requested a week of our favorite holiday tunes. I realize we recently had a music post, and I even mentioned a very important holiday song in my last Ventage post, but really...can one EVER have too many music posts?! When it comes to Christmas music, I tend to go for the quiet, contemplative songs more than the fast and fun - not that I don't love those, too...these are just the ones I love more than all the rest! And as always, don't watch the corny videos. Just listen! So...in no particular order, my five favorite Christmas tunes:
1. This is my favorite "feel good" Christmas song. It's not available on any album I can find. Which stinks. Because it's awesome...even if you're a Coldplay hater. ;)
2. This is my favorite "get up and go" Christmas song. I have no idea when I first heard it...but it was love at first phrase. This is always the very first song I play the day after Thanksgiving...and no sooner, gosh darn it!
3. This is my "I used to play the trombone, and I'm a sucker for anything with lots of brass" favorite song. ;) It's from an episode of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - does anybody even remember that show? I don't remember much about it except this song.
4. This is my favorite "non-traditional" holiday song. I heard it the first time in concert...and I was ever so glad when it finally found its way onto an album so I could stop listening to the crappy live youtube'd versions!
5. My favorite "reminds me of childhood" Christmas song. :) Justin and I saw him in concert when I was pregnant with Mirielle. I can't even begin to describe how amazing it was.
6. Okay, okay...I couldn't pick just five. But this one had to make the list...it's my favorite "this is what it's all about" Christmas song. It's pure beauty.