**ventage tuesdays is blog series created by my besties...aka: "the vetage girls"**
Hello, and happy Tuesday! This week's Ventage Tuesday is brought to you courtesy of Barb! So...5 pictures of my house? Where I live? That sounds like a bit of a disaster, because, quite honestly, my house is always a bit of a disaster. I could lay it all out for you (working mom, two young kids, husband with crazy job who is never home, gone the last six weekends in a row, etc...) but I won't...oh wait, I just did. ;) Anywho...my house is not exactly clean...ever. So, I wasn't entirely sure what to write for this post! Who wants to see my pile of laundry and my tub that needs scrubbing...you probably all have those at your house, too. (Unless, of course, you are one of those crazy people who has an immaculate house...if that is you, I don't know that we can be friends and you should probably just leave now.) ;)
Anyway, I got to thinking about my house. The truth is, in spite of the mess, I really love my house. It's older and has a lot of character, and if I do say so myself, I've made some decent decorating choices. Of course with Pinterest, there are a million more I'd like to make, but that's another post! So for today I thought I'd share a few of the little parts of my house that I love. Also, I should warn you...I got an iPhone 5 last week. My last iPhone didn't even have video...to give you an idea of how old it was! So this new one is like magical and perfect to me, and I've been going slightly overboard with the camera and my photography apps, hence the wacky pictures. Oh well.
1. I have a few places around my house where there are a lot of little "collections." This particular one is on the window sill that looks out over my stove. It's got some Halloween stuff there right now. I try to change it up according to the holidays. The photo is our first family photo from years and years ago when we had first gotten our beloved Maddie. It's a crappy quality shot that I think I printed at home...but I love it. It will be on the window sill forever. The little sign is from Justin's mom. The pumpkins are from my friend Josie, and the Ball jar was a purchase last summer. Oh, and the little pumpkin candle holder was like from the Target clearance one year. ;) Pardon my neighbor's hideous van in the corner. (Sorry, if he somehow comes and finds this blog post and is offended, but seriously...it's a van. It's hideous. I can't really say more than that!)
2. The cupboard. This isn't a part of my house that you normally see, I suppose. But I still like it. I have somehow acquired a lot of bowls. Big bowls...little bowls...what begins with bowl?! There are only a few in the picture, but I have a lot of them, and I'd love more...if only there was more room to store them! Our dishes are old and unexceptional, but I love my bowls! The green one is a colander bowl from Willow House and the little colorful ones are from Crate and Barrel. The tea steeper came from Argo Tea a couple years back.
3. This is part of Mirielle's bookshelf. Like so many people I have jumped aboard the initial wagon with no shame and no regrets! ;) I actually have a few more that are hiding or currently broken (oops). My hope would be that she would someday keep them all and put them in her own creative space like I keep all my "e"s in my scrapbooking area. Or, if all else fails, I'll just keep them and add them to my own to make "em." Ha. The giant metal one and the cloth covered ones are from Anthropologie, the white one is from Pottery Barn Kids, and the letterpress M was purchased at the Printer's Row Lit Fest in Chicago.
4. This is a print in my bathroom. If you are a follower of my regular blog, you may have seen the bathroom "re-do" post. My bathroom used to be pale green with a white shower curtain. I decided I needed more color and went with this totally awesome blueish-purpleish color. The print was 100% a Pinterest find. It's from Sweetwater (formally a scrapbook company! cool!), and I love it every time I look at it. My bathroom also follows a bit of a "You are my Sunshine" theme and if you look closely you can see the words to the song are written on the print.
5. Finally, my bedroom. My bedroom is bar none the messiest room in my house. It becomes the catch-all place for laundry, toys, books, you name it. I have a running joke with Barb that I've never seen her bedroom, and she's never seen mine. It gets clean maybe once a month and inevitably ends up messy within like two hours. It's amazing how that happens. I love my quilt, which is from Garnett Hill, but I want new furniture (ours if my from parents' wedding eight bajillion years ago) and the room needs a paint job. It's got potential... ;)
So there you have it. Five around my house, minus the mess! Be sure to check out my other Ventage girlies today for a peak inside their homes! :) Angie, Barb, Katrina, and Stephanie! Have a great day!!