Happy Tuesday! This week's post is brought to you by Stephanie! Five fall favorites! I have to admit, it's VERY difficult for me to narrow down my foodie faves only five items. (And seriously...how many F words, ha! can I get in one blog post!) And, I don't know that these are necessarily "fall" recipes, but they are more "cool weather" dishes that I have made and enjoyed!
1. Mexican Lasagna from Annie's Eats. I've made this twice, which I realize is probably not enough to be put on the "favorites" list...but it's SO good. It was easy to make and really tasty. I used some sour cream in my layers, because let's be honest...sour cream makes everything better! My next plan...to try some dairy-free alternatives so that Justin can eat it, too!
2. Gnocchi Mac and Cheese from The Cutting Edge of Ordinary. I've made a lot of mac and cheese. I am maybe, what you might call, a mac and cheese connoisseur. And this...well, this is nothing short of amazing. It's not the most "frugal" recipe...after buying the fresh gnocchi and the high quality cheese (and seriously, don't skimp on the cheese!)...but it's worth it.
3. Lemon + Rosemary Chicken Bake from Sparkling Ink. This is a simple meal I've made for Justin a ton of times. It's quick, it's easy, it's quite yummy...or so he tells me!
4. Vegetable Minestrone Soup from Sunset. We love soup at our house. We especially love trying new soups. I have a whole soup cookbook that I love, and I've also tried a ton of online recipes. Out of all our "new" soup recipes we've tried in the last year...this one was the best!
5. Peanut Butter Sheet Cake from Tasty Kitchen. I couldn't have a list of fabulous foods without some something sweet!! This cake is incredible. I was skeptical...it's a pretty basic recipe. But, seriously...YUM. I made this for a couple events and everyone raved over it. It melts in your mouth. Mmmmm.